II. Violations of Got.Net's Acceptable Use Policy
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
- Illegal use. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- Harm to minors. Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Threats. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity. Using the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "Ponzi schemes," and "chain letters."
- Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation. Using deliberately misleading headers ("munging" headers) in news postings in order to avoid unsolicited email is allowed.
- Unsolicited commercial email/Unsolicited bulk email (SPAM). Using the Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email is expressly prohibited. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature, are prohibited.
- Unauthorized access. Using the Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Got.Net’s or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption, interception or loss of data.
- Copyright or trademark infringement. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data. Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Reselling the services. Reselling the Services without Got.Net’s authorization.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. Using the Services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use Got.Net’s Services or access the public Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Member may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Member may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
III. Reporting Violations of Got.Net's AUP
Got.Net requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP please direct their inquiries to the Got.Net abuse department, reachable via email at email@example.com. If available, please provide the following information with your inquiry:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time-zone or GMT offset
- Evidence of the alleged violation
For email abuse complaints, full message headers will provide all of the necessary information mentioned above and are required in order to conduct abuse investigations.
Got.Net may take any one or more of the following actions in response to abuse complaints:
- issue written or verbal warnings
- suspend member accounts/connectivity
- terminate member accounts/connectivity
- bill Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- bring legal actions to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations
Got.Net reserves the right to terminate service at-will irrespective of the number of previous warnings and/or suspensions, if any.
Got.Net shall elect whether to initiate an abuse investigation based upon the merits of a complaint, sufficiency of evidence, and the degree of any alleged infraction, among other criteria. If a complaint fails to meet any of these thresholds, Got.Net reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to act without response to requestors or to disregard complaints without notice.
IV. Revisions to this Acceptable Use Policy